Why does the Hospitality Industry need effective security and access control?
Whether you run a hotel, pub or restaurant, balancing the needs of your customers with the need for comprehensive security is a challenge. Exacting standards of customer service are expected by customers, but the constant flows of people make hospitality businesses vulnerable to many different types of threats.
Protect the perimeters
- Unauthorised people entering your hotel, pub or restaurant
- Risk of terrorist attack facilitated by poor access control
- Protect loading bay/ exit doors with biometric access control, so only authorised individuals can gain access: the reporting facility informs you exactly who entered and when
- Implement CCTV to monitor unloading bays, doors and storage areas, set alerts to trigger if wedged open
Control access internally
- Unauthorised access to Kitchens, managers offices and staff rooms
- Prevent unauthorised access to kitchens, managers offices and areas where money is held
- Control any after-hours access
- Internal theft is rife within the hospitality sector; of both cash and stock
- Unauthorised intruders gaining access to offices, kitchens or areas where high value goods are stored.
- CCTV acts a strong deterrent to theft; staff know they are being monitored
- Biometric fingerprint readers allow you to control access, stopping unauthorised entry to high-value/ risk areas
- CCTV gives you undeniable evidence in the event of an incident
Health and Safety
- Staff and customer slips, trips and falls are a key risk for the hospitality industry
- Staff accidents and injuries involving glasswear, knives, lifting
- Staff abuse by inebriated customers
- CCTV footage provides an unfalsifiable record in the case of all types of accident within a hospitality environment.
- CCTV highlights training needs to avoid preventable accidents
- Recordings of incidents protects the business against false and exaggerated claims by employees and members of the public
- The hospitality sector heavily relies on agency, seasonal, casual and shift workers; it’s vital to have a robust system to check billed hours against actual.
- Almas Biometric time and attendance solution is a reliable, simple and effective tool allowing you to get rid of cumbersome and complicated paper, card, key or pin-based attendance management systems which are prone to falsification, error and inaccuracy. Read more
Why Almas? The Right Solution, For Your Hospitality Business
Almas are experts in security for bars, restaurants and hotels. We can build you a security solution that helps you reduce theft, improves staff time and attendance management and controls access to high value stock areas. Almas customers have access to a technical hotline 24/7, important for businesses that don’t just work 9-5. Full service solutions, advice on GDPR responsibilities and a range of payment options make Almas the logical choice.
What do our customers say?
"Hi. I would like to write a note to say thank you to Dan and the team for all the help, support and advice they have given us over the last year. Pre-Covid we were looking at putting in place a new time and attendance system, and we had some initial conversations. Dan picked this up, and recommended the system we have now implemented which is a facial recognition time and attendance system (no touching required). Since then we have extended the range of products we have purchased from Almas to included a contactless access control system and also CCTV. We cannot recommend Almas enough. Thank you :)"Read More
"Almas Industries have been efficient and professional – they advised on the right system for our needs that we can add to as the Club grows. We unfortunately had an incident a couple of weeks ago – thanks to the new system we were able to hand over high quality footage of the perpetrators to the police for them to investigate. The service has been great, responsive and helpful, I highly recommend them. "Read More
"Operating across Ireland, Blue Screen Medics are an Event Medical Services provider to film sets, TV, commercials, sporting events, Corporate events and water-based events. Thermal temperature detection cameras have been included in their Covid-19 risk prevention strategy to keep their staff and customers safe."Read More
""We chose Almas due to their friendly staff and swift service. We think the thermal temperature checking is a great way to protect our team and customers from potential Covid transmission.""Read More
"A big thank you to Almas Industries UK & Ireland who have provided us with one of their handheld thermal cameras from their Covid-19 range."Read More
""We've found the workmanship of the technicians to be of the highest quality and Almas' advice has saved us money in terms of on-site security. Almas' responsiveness to our changing needs allows us to scale our security solutions as required, as we continue to grow" Stephen Tedstone, Production Director"Read More
If you would like more information, or to arrange a free security audit with one of our security consultants…
You can call us on 0333 567 66 77 or 01 68 333 68, or complete your details and we will get in touch with you