Self-Storage Facilities Security
Keep your customers’ property safe, secure and protected
Why do you need security for your self-storage facility?
Simply, it’s the no.1 expectation that your renters have; that you will keep their possessions or stock safe, secure and protected.
A great self-storage security system is convenient for your renters, easy to control for your management team, and effective against would be intruders. Read our Ultimate Guide to Self-Storage Security – free to download at the bottom of the page.
Here’s what our long-standing customer, James Hay from Beyond Storage, says about Almas Industries solutions and service.
CCTV: EYES ON YOUR SITE 24/7
A CCTV system acts as a great deterrent, and if the worst happens, gives you undeniable proof of what happened. CCTV must cover all areas and deliver full colour HD footage whether it’s 2pm or 2am
Protect Your Perimeter With Active Deterrent CCTV Cameras
A great first line of defence because it identifies and deters unauthorised intruders the second they step onto the site.
- Create a virtual barrier around your perimeter fencing which, if crossed, sounds a loud siren. Blue and red flashing lights let the intruder know they’ve been detected
- Challenge the intruder verbally, either with a pre-programmed message or real-time 2 way communication through the inbuilt speaker
- Limit loss with swift alerts to keyholders or an ARC monitoring centre
- View cameras in real time on your smartphone
- Advanced AI technology means only humans and vehicles are detected so there are no more false alerts from foliage or wildlife!
3-in-1 CCTV cameras are effective in deterring criminals
- The camera triggers when an intruder approaches and breaches the ‘virtual’ tripwire
- The alert can be triggered one way, or both
- The blue/ red lights are clearly visible, we’ve not included sound because it’s really loud and annoying!
- 24/ 7 colour images, day or night, delivers effective identification of perpetrators
IP/ ANALOGUE CCTV & MONITORING
Full coverage of your self-storage site is vital. Security cameras deter antisocial behaviour and thieves, and if the worst happens, gives you absolute evidence of what happened, and when.
If your CCTV system is a few years old, you are missing out on new advanced technologies that will ensure your site is better protected and secure.
- Update your existing analogue cameras, upgrade to IP or have a mix of both
- New greener technologies also cut running costs with ePOE
- Self-monitor or have an ARC monitoring centre oversee some or all your cameras. ARC monitoring keep eyes on your site 24/7 and any incidents are quickly identified and acted upon.
You need flexible access control which is also effective outside traditional office hours. Access control that authorises legitimate users including renters, delivery drivers, management, staff, cleaners, removal companies… and also bars unauthorised intruders
ANPR CCTV Cameras
ANPR cameras linked to your access control and management software automatically admit authorised users and log that when they enter or exit by reading the licence plate of their vehicle.
- Set schedules and access times according to the account access rights by simply adding in the registration plate in the software.
- Your gate access control system should integrate with your management software. When you onboard, offboard or suspend a user, the access control credentials should also update immediately.
- Almas Industries software integrates with Storman software for a seamless user experience. If you’d like to talk about integration with alternative software, please get in touch, we’d love to work with you.
Bluetooth Access Control
New bluetooth readers are an effective, contactless way to permit entry and can be mounted on gate pedestals.
- STid readers integrate with Optima Access Control software; onboard and allow access for new renters remotely. The StidD app conveys the access rights that are checked via bluetooth by the access control reader.
- Secure offices housing customer and employee data for GDPR compliance and never have to worry about keys again! If employees leave, their access is easily revoked, with no need to get the locks changed.
- Can also be sited on units when accountability over and above a padlock is required.
Video door/ gate entry systems can also be a cost-effective way to give access to site or the main building. Multi-configuration options and the ability to grant access from a mobile offer flexibility. Additional options include biometric access control; fingerprint or facial and proximity fob readers.
Book your security audit to discover the best option for your self-storage site.
If your self-storage facility allows 24/7 access, then a site wide intruder alarm isn’t feasible. However, zoned alarms protecting offices or individual units are sensible options.
- Wireless detectors and door contacts can be easily sited in a unit, and moved should the next occupier not want an alarm option
- Flood and CO2 detectors can also be included
- Detectors are anti-tamper and have low battery alerts
It’s a flexible, affordable system that you can charge on a monthly basis to your renters; it’s easy to update or move when renters change.
Almas Industries has been protecting UK businesses for over 16 years. We adhere to SSAIB protocols and our teams are vetted to BS858 standards. We will recommend the right solution for your self-storage facility and advise you of GDPR responsibilties.
Customers that entrust us with their security include:
AUDIT YOUR SITE SECURITY FREE AND CHECK HOW YOU COULD SAVE TIME AND IMPROVE SECURITY
Download your free Ultimate Guide to Self-Storage Security here