We opted for the Almas Industries biometric system, which we felt would give us the flexibility we required.
Westcliffe care home
“Westcliffe is a small residential care home where the personal touch is just as important as the need to keep our residents and staff safe. We wanted to ensure that keys/codes were a thing of the past; as they presented all sorts of problems when it came to controlling the access points. We opted for the Almas Industries biometric system, which we felt would give us the flexibility we required”.
Why choose Biometrics?
We wanted several things from the system:
- Family members who we trusted to have full access to the home as if it were their own.
- Residents who could use the system safely to have full access/egress to the home.
- When required, to have the ability to stop residents, who would not be safe, leaving the building unattended.
- Reduce the time staff wasted letting people in and out of the building.
- Night staff to feel totally safe in the building.
- A management tool that could be used in staff supervisions and appraisals.
What do you think about the service from Almas?
“The Almas Industries system is easy to use and the service we have had from the head office has been exceptional. We have certainly got everything we wanted from the system and have probably only just scratched the surface of its capabilities. I would recommend that all care homes at least have a look at how they could utilise it.”